Sunday, November 6, 2011

Las Vegas 2011
Just returned from the annual Pool and Spa Show in Las Vegas. So many years and so much of the same. Though its great seeing all my friends and peer's from around the country and meeting new ones. This year my classroom attendance was limited to a few small lectures by some of the industry's top professionals and a bit of moderating I did for David Tisherman's classes. Tish is the absolute best at what he does, amazing! I was so fortunate to have aligned myself with him 20 plus years ago. Our relationship helped me establish a name for myself and produce some incredible works.
Winding down the year and looking toward the next. The house I've been working on all year, with its many revisions and additions is finally coming to a close. Its interiors were my favorite. The trip to High Point, NC for recon was fruitful and instructive. I utilized ideas and furnishings from there (along with client input) and made gorgeous. Pool construction projects in the Dallas area have come to a close. Over the summer I consulted on a koi pond in upstate New York, the time line was maddening, completely threw off my schedule everywhere else. For a month and a half I was in NY more than Texas, we met the deadline! We are about to start on an all tile (Italian glass) pool next week some 400 miles away from home. My Dallas installer will relocate for the few months it will take. This project also involves a complicated tile pattern on the driveway in front of the home, another reason for relocating my installer. I have two design meetings this week and two other construction contracts sitting on my desk. 2012 appears to be getting off to an early start.

No comments:

Post a Comment