Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Life And Times Of A Pool Guy

Another week away for work and a little play. Elite Concepts by Michael Nantz is so blessed to have some of the most delightful and generous clients. This past week was spent in USVI, working, boating and racing. Let me explain. The work I speak of is with a past client or repeat client with homes both in the Caribbean and the States. Fortunately for me, we met in the Caribbean to discuss work in the States. While there, he invited me for dinner on one of his fabulous boats, Shalimar, a luxury yacht, 118 feet of luxury. 5 state rooms, a crew of 7, and everything else your heart desires. Each state room is complete with large beds and full bath including bidet. Multiple decks for dining, lounging and even dancing. Geno the chef knocked it out of the park for all our meals. We not only had dinner one night, but later returned for an overnight and next afternoon stay. This is the racing part. I am a recreational triathlete, and participated in an Ironman 70.3 race. Shalimar was moored in the harbor near the swim course. So race morning, I left my stateroom and took the dingy over to the pier and rode my bike around the corner to the race start. When the gun went off I raced past Shalimar pausing for a brief moment to wave at everyone on board, to which they raised their mimosas in response and I swam on to complete my 70 plus miles of vigorous swimming, biking, running and suffering (somehow enjoyably, I so love to race). I normally keep this blog for work related topics, but these other events were so intertwined I couldn't help myself. Find Shalimar info at
http://www.virgin-islands-charter-yachts.com/yachts/shalimar2956d/caribbean_luxury_crewed_yacht_charter_vacation.html

No comments:

Post a Comment