Monday, March 7, 2011

Design

Those in the design world understand - Design is Design. That said or understood, I accepted a clients charge to move my experience in this realm to the interiors of the house addition currently underway with Elite Concepts. The client had a bad/costly experience with a previous interior designer and wishes not to return. Based on the clients satisfaction with current visual ideas and aspects within my work, the request came about the interiors. I will always defer to the professionals in a given field that I have no experience in, but in this case, its not too far of a stretch for my expertise to move from the exterior (design) to the interior (design). So now Mike Nantz of Elite Concepts, contractor and designer, will move the 6" needed through the threshold of the door, from out to in. The focus of interiors will begin with a trip to Highpoint, NC next month for a visit to Funiture Market combined with a buying jaunt in that same area. The materials may have changed but - Design is Design.

I do want to clarify here. The size and scope of the project, in this case a 2200 sq.ft. addition of a traditional American home, would certainly weigh upon my decision to accept such a charge. If this were a 2200 sq.ft malachite antechamber in a russian palace, I would be way out of my league...

No comments:

Post a Comment